Fast lunch

Jaylin asked in V00/326 about inexpensive easy-to-prepare
meals.  Here's one of my all-time favorites.

FAST Lentil Stew

What you need:

1 cup lentils
1-2 small onion
1 carrot, cubed
1 small potato, cubed
1/2 stalk celery, chopped
2 cups water

What to do with what you've got:

Bring water to a boil.
Add lentils and let cook for 1 minute.
Then add all other ingredients.
Stir once or twice.
Cover and let cook on low flame for 30 minutes.

I love that with a drop or two of sesame oil for flavor.

For a lunch or dinner, just carry an orange or apple and
you've got a nice lunch.  What about carrying it to work,
etc?  No problem, just buy a wide-mouth vacuum bottle at
the store.

Also, try some bean burritos on fat-free tortillas.  Pinto
beans are very inexpensive and pack a powerful nutritional
punch.  Add some shredded carrot and some leaves of raw
spinach and you wind up with something that is easy to
carry, delicious, and fits right into the Ornish/MacDougal
eating plans.

Beverly Kurtin

My Food Coach
"Successful Strategies"