Mushy Eggplant

> does anyone have an idea as to how I can make my eggplant and not
> have it turn out mushy?  ive tried broiling, BBQ,
> overbaking...but its always soft.  any suggestions would be great, thanks.

I don't know if this is something you've tried...but it's important to use a
salty marinade on eggplants before you cook them.  If I'm in a rush, I just
soak them in soy sauce for 15 minutes but you could make any kind of
marinade.  The salt draws the water out of them and they won't be so mushy.

Chie