Ornish way

If significant health problems (heart) are not enough to motivate one, I
don't know what will.

I have been trying to follow the Ornish diet since April of this year and
feel pretty darned good for someone who had open heart surgery. I brought
my LDL from 260 to 97 and my HDL from 27 to 37.

Of course, I had to convince myself that it was all right to live and to
feel good. It was not as easy as it may sound: I had to make a commitment
to myself to live and to eat right and to take my medicine. There are
psychological issues that a lot of us have to deal with as well as whether
it tastes good or if its easy.

I am off tomorrow to actually attend Dr. Ornish's Lifestyle Retreat and
am hoping to learn a lot more about how to honor myself so that I can be
as healthy as possible.

"See" you all when I get back!