Oatmeal pancakes

I found this great pancake recipe and of course because I can't leave recipes
alone, I changed it. Wow, it was really good! So here it is! (The original
recipe is from Betty Crocker's Old Fashioned Cookbook.)

Oatmeal Pancakes

1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup unbleached flour
1 cup Better than Milk-Lite (or soy or rice milk)
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 egg whites or 3 teaspoons Ener-G egg replacer + 1/4 cup water

Mix together all ingredients until smooth. Spray skillet with cooking spray.
Use 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the top of
the pancake and flip over. Cook until golden brown. Serve with maple syrup or
honey.
Makes 10-12 pancakes.

For a softer textured pancake, use whole wheat pastry flour or a combination
of barley, brown rice flour, whole wheat pastry and kamut.

Enjoy!   Jan Bennicoff