Oatmeal pancakes

I found this great pancake recipe and of course because I can't leave recipes
alone, I changed it. Wow, it was really good! So here it is! (The original
recipe is from Betty Crocker's Old Fashioned Cookbook.)

Oatmeal Pancakes

1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup unbleached flour
1 cup Better than Milk-Lite (or soy or rice milk)
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 egg whites or 3 teaspoons Ener-G egg replacer + 1/4 cup water

Mix together all ingredients until smooth. Spray skillet with cooking spray.
Use 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the top of
the pancake and flip over. Cook until golden brown. Serve with maple syrup or
Makes 10-12 pancakes.

For a softer textured pancake, use whole wheat pastry flour or a combination
of barley, brown rice flour, whole wheat pastry and kamut.

Enjoy!   Jan Bennicoff