streusel

Okay, so I'm trying to convert some recipes from deadly
to at least low-fat, preferably fatfree.  Does anyone have a
suggestion as to something to use as a binder for
streusel topping?  Usually, you cut in butter but obviously
that's out.  In the cake part of the recipe I can substitute
for the butter with applesauce, the egg with just whites
but I don't know what to do for the topping. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Korillian