Breakfast cereals and corn salad

Hello!

I sent this message about breakfast cereals to the list on Monday, but
haven't seen it come through so I'm sending it again.

I'm subscribed to the digest and the format of yesterday's (9/14) digest
seemed corrupted. The first few posts were normal, but the last seven or so
were one large block of text (no line or paragraph breaks). This problem
has occurred a few times with the digest. Has anyone else had this problem?
If not, I'll assume that the problem is on my computer and try to track it
down here.

Here's a recipe for a tasty salad that is easy to put together and that
tastes great. Our 12-year-old daughter who is a little fussy about
vegetables actually *requests* this salad.  :-)  We love it!

Creamy Corn and Tomato Salad
Quick Cooking Magazine
4 servings

2 cups frozen corn, thawed
1 tomato, chopped
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/3 cup fatfree mayonnaise
1/4 tsp. dill weed

Mix all ingredients. Keep covered in refrigerator until ready to serve. You
can use canned corn or leftover corn on the cob instead of frozen corn, but
I always use frozen corn because it's crunchy and I always keep a bag in
the freezer.

Thanks,
Bethann

>Janet asked about breakfast cereals...
>
>I used to make an apple/fruit oatmeal in the evening to take to work the
next day. Basically, I just used apple juice instead of water, mixed in the
dried oats, some raisins or chopped apple, brown sugar, nutmeg, and
cinnamon. I didn't cook the cereal, but just put all of the ingredients in
a plastic container that I grabbed on my way out the door in the morning.
The oatmeal was great cold or heated in the microwave at work.

>Now that I work at home, I make a filling hot cereal from oat bran and
wheat bran that has a tremendous amount of soluble and insoluble fiber.

>Oat/Wheat Bran Cereal
>1 serving
>
>1/2 cup oat bran
>1/4 cup wheat bran
>1 1/4 cups water
>1/8 tsp salt
>More water as necessary (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup)
>
>In a small saucepan, combine the oat bran, wheat bran and 1 1/4 cups
water. Bring to a boil, then turn off the heat, cover the pan, and let sit
for 10 minutes.

>Next, add the salt and extra water (to make the cereal the consistency you
like). Bring to a simmer, put on lid so steam can escape, and let simmer
for 10 minutes.

>Add fruit, honey, or whatever you like in your hot cereal and eat!
>
>Hope this helps,
>Bethann

Bethann D. Merriam          		Senior Technical Editor
(408) 371-8834			Cisco Systems, Inc.

Have regular hours for work and play; make each day both
useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth
of time by employing it well.
 	  ---Louisa May Alcott