Re: FATFREE Digest V99 #295

>Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 17:14:40 -0400
>From: Ann E Christmann <mystox@xxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Whipped Topping
>
> From my Instant Nonfat Dry Milk box:
>
>	Chill bowl and beater. Whip 1/2 c. dry milk with 1/2 c. ice water until
>peaks form (2 to 3 minutes). Add 2 Tbsp. lemon juice and beat until stiff
>(1 to 2 minutes more). Fold in 1/2 c. sugar. Serve at once.  For
>interesting flavors, use ice-cold fruit juice instead of water.
>
>	I haven't tried this myself. Just thought I'd pass it on.

   I've done it.  It works fine, but I wouldn't use all that
much sugar myself, I'd use maybe a quarter cup, and I'd use
confectioner's sugar.  I don't think I've ever used the
lemon juice, but I think it would be a good idea.  I added a
teaspoon of vanilla, along with the lemon juice.

  This doesn't "hold" well, you have to use it right away.
It's not whipped heavy cream with that wonderful whipped
heavy cream *richness*, but it's a very acceptable whipped
topping.  I like it.

Pat Meadows