RE: Brown Rice

>>1 cup brown rice
1 1/2 cups water
1/8 to 1/4 tsp. salt (optional---depends on your preference)<<

>What kind of brown rice are you using!!??
>All the packages I have call for 1:2.25!!
>
>Christine

I use regular long-grain California brown rice that I buy in bulk at
Costco. Nothing special. I find that adding more water makes the rice
watery or sticky. All of the rice packages I've seen also say to use 2+
cups of water per cup of rice, but I've never had success with those
formulas, so I always reduce the water and the rice is always great.

Brown rice is our preferred starch because it goes with almost anything
(soups, casseroles, chili, stir fried veggies, etc.), so we make it a
couple of times a week.

Bethann

Bethann D. Merriam          		Senior Technical Editor
(408) 371-8834			Cisco Systems, Inc.

Have regular hours for work and play; make each day both
useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth
of time by employing it well.
 	  ---Louisa May Alcott