Re: Stevia

Hi,

I haven't tried stevia. I did recently borrow the book, "The Stevia
Cookbook" by Ray Sahelian, MD and Donna Gates.
According to the cookbook: Sugar Amount- 1 cup Equivalent Stevia Powdred
Extract - 1 teaspoon Equivalent Stevia Liquid Concentrate- 1 teaspoon

Sugar Amount- 1 Tablespoon
Powdred Extract - 1/4  teaspoon
 Equivalent Stevia Liquid Concentrate- 6-9 drops

Sugar Amount- 1 Teaspoon

Powdred Extract - a pinch to 1/16 teaspoon
 Equivalent Stevia Liquid Concentrate- 2-4 drops

--lisa

Hi there,

I just bought some powdered stevia, which is a natural herbal
sweetener.  Unfortunately it doesn't say how much stevia I need to use
to replace sugar in a recipe.  ie: 1tsp of stevia = 1 cup of sugar ?
Has anyone ever used this before? and if so do you know what the
equivalent would be?  On the container, which is quite small, it says
there are 1000 servings, but what would a serving be equal to?

Thanks!

Jenni in Toronto