That "Cheese"cake Recipe

I needed a dessert for my once-a-month movie group--my turn to host this
past weekend--and we're all watching our health now (we're all middle-aged!)
but we all love rich food....so I made Sheri Slattery's Incredible
"Cheese"cake.  Fantastic!  Even the self-styled "gourmet" cook in the group
liked it, several wanted the recipe, and they wolfed it down.  The only one
who didn't eat it was the one who's on a very strict diet.

I was a little afraid of agar, never having used it, but it turned out to be
very user-friendly.  I think the commentators on this recipe got it right:
it would be very hard to wreck this recipe!

I'm thinking that next time I could add a handful of dried blueberries after
blending it smooth.  Then I'd have blueberry cheesecake.  I also used plain
rice milk rather than vanilla (because I forgot to buy the other!) and added
an additional 1/2 tsp of vanilla to compensate.  That was fine, could
probably have been 1 tsp but no more.  For the record, it took 3 lemons for
the fresh juice and peel for the cake and the glaze combined.  I had enough
extra lemon zest to decorate the top along with the fresh fruit.

Mmmmmmmmmmm.  Thank you, Sheri, for sharing this great "keeper" of a recipe!

Ruth
Ruth C. Hoffman    ruth.hoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Language Resources
138 Oak Street
Lake Zurich, IL  60047-1322
Tel: 847.726.1608
Fax: 847.726.1652

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking
new landscapes but in having new eyes."  --Marcel Proust