Re: other bread receipes

At 3:19 AM -0800 11/22/99, fatfree-request@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>I am looking for some other bread machine recipe.

Peasant Bread <T>

This receipe is a variation of an excellent receipe for Peasant Bread.
Very good with soup, if it makes it to the table.  The directions are for a
medium loaf and a large loaf  made in a bread maker.

Yeast                                  1 1/2 Tsp.                         2
Tsp.
Bread Flour                      2 Cups                              3 Cups
Salt                                     1 Tsp.
1 1/2 Tsp.
Sugar                                  1 1/4 Tsp.                        2
Tsp.
Cooked 7-grain cereal     1 Cup                               1 1/2 Cup
Water                                 1 Cup                               1
1/2 Cup

Sometimes I have to add a little more flour.  Use your own judgement.
The 7-grain cereal may be omitted.

Scones
1-1/2 cups flour
1 cup quick oats
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg white or equi. egg substitute ( I used egg beaters)
3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons vanilla non-fat yogurt
1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen strawberries or raseberries
egg beaters equivalent to 1 egg white, beaten.

1. Combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda and stir
to mix well.  Stir in the egg substitute and enough yogurt to form a stiff
dough.  Gently stir in the berries.

2. Form the dough into a ball, and turn onto a lightly floured surface.
With floured hands, pat the dough into a 7-inch circle.

3.  Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.  Place the dough on
the sheet, and use a sharp floured knife to cut it into 12 wedges.  Pull
the wedges out slightly to leave a 1/2-inch space between them.  Brush the
tops lightly with the beaten egg beaters.

4. Bake at 375 deg. F for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.  Transfer
to a serving plate and serve hot with the appropriate fruit spread.

Don

Donald E. Stowe (Don)
Retired HS. Chemistry Teacher
Click here to email me ---> mailto:destowe@xxxxxxxxxxxx