chestnut puree as a replacement for fat?

Has anybody had any experience using chestnut puree as a replacement
for fat in baked goods? I have a can of sweetened puree and believe it
fits within fatfree guidelines since the contents are chestnuts,
sugar, water, salt and citric acid. It's got the right texture for
creaming with sugar.

I tried using some last night to replace all the butter (1 cup!!!) in
a fake Mrs. Field's cookie recipe and the results were encouraging. I
won't post the recipe because it was still not completely fatfree
because of the egg. I just wanted to see what would happen if I
replaced that much butter. Next time, I'll try without the egg yolk.

The cookies didn't spread very much so I had to flatten them a little
before putting them in the oven but they did get a crispy surface. I
also found that I had to bake them a little longer than the recipe
specified.

The end result was good. I liked them better than recipes that call
for applesauce or other fruit purees. I guess I'll try another recipe
and go for fully fatfree......now that this worked out pretty well.

The only downside is that the 900 gram can [Hero brand, imported from
Switzerland], was very expensive. Playing around with it as a fat
replacer is my attempt to keep the leftovers from going to waste!!!!
I'll try to find a smaller can next time.

jayne