Re: Dinner Party

At 3:19 AM -0800 3/4/99, fatfree-request@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 10:09:13 -0800
>From: Amy Zuydhoek <Amy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Dinner Party
>
>I need some MAJOR help here.  I was basically told last night that I
>will be having about 20 people over for dinner on March 30th.  It's for
>a committee that I'm on so they want to have dinner and then the
>meeting.  Anyway, I'm completely overwhelmed.  I have NO IDEA what to
>make for a group this large.  I want something very simple (I won't get
>home from work until 5 PM and they'll all be over at 6 PM) and something
>that doesn't need a lot of things to go with it (i.e., condiments).  I'm
>sure that none of the people coming are vegetarians but I don't really
>care, if they come to my house, they have to eat like we eat at my
>house.  Can anyone suggest anything to me?  Lasagna isn't an option but
>I want something like that.  I was thinking maybe gardenburgers but I
>don't want to deal with all the condiments.  I'm at a loss.  I'll
>probably end up ordering pizza (kidding).

You could make Quick Barbeque Sandwiches (vegan).  It's easy to make and
just put onto hamburg buns and serve.  The receipe below makes about 4 0r 5
maybe more sandwiches. Just tripe or so the receipe and you could make it
up the night before, store in the fridge and just warm up the stuff on the
stove or microwave when you get home from work.

Best...
Don

 From SUSAN WYLDER ZF_WYLDER@xxxxxxxx

Quick Barbeque Sandwiches (vegan)

   * 1 cup TVP
   * 1/2 cup water
   * 1 medium onion, chopped fine
   * 1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
   * water or other liquid for sauteing
   * your favorite barbeque sauce or mustard sauce

Mix the TVP with the 1/2 cup water and set aside for 5 minutes.

Saute onion in about 1 Tbs. liquid until almost cleear. Then add garlic and
cook for another minute. Add the reconstituted TVP. Add the barbeque sauce
until the mixture is the right consistency for sandwiches. Heat thoroughly
and serve.

There are 16 comments regarding this recipe. Read or add comments.

Add recipe to Grocery List or to Weekly Meal Planner.

Veggies Unite! - http://vegweb.com

Donald E. Stowe (Don)
Retired HS. Chemistry Teacher
Click here to email me ---> mailto:destowe@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my web site at---> http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Rapids/8192/

Galleries:

Gallery 1998
http://www.geocities.com:80/Yosemite/Rapids/8192/gallery_1998.html

Gallery 1999
http://www.geocities.com:80/Yosemite/Rapids/8192/gallery_1999.html

16 mm prints using "scanning on the cheap":
http://www.geocities.com:80/Yosemite/Rapids/8192/16_mm_pics.html

FAQ:
For Photographic Formulas and FAQ see-->
http://www.geocities.com:80/Yosemite/Rapids/8192/#formulas_faq
------