Bread Spread into Salad!

Did any of you try the Southwest Bread Spread I sent to the
list on March 15?  Never being able to leave well enough
alone, I cooked some pasta (Rotini), cool rinsed and
drained it, added this Southwest Bread Spread to it, along
with no fat mayo and some lemon juice.  It is just the best
pasta salad you can imagine.  I will certainly keep this
veggie spread on hand during the summer for a fast, easy
and delicious pasta salad.

Jo in Minnesota

> Southwest Bread Spread
> 3/4 c. apple juice or dry Sherry
> 3/4 c. chopped onion
> 3/4 c. chopped celery
> 3/4 c. chopped carrots
> 2 Tablespoons of minced, fresh garlic
> 1 1/2 c. canned garbanzo, lima or pinto beans, drained
> 1/4 c. minced fresh parsley
> 1 tsp. minced fresh basil leaves
> 1 tsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste
> 3/4 tsp. curry powder
> 3/4 tsp. dried thyme
> 1 1/2 tsp.prepared mustard
> 1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
> 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
> 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
> Freshly ground pepper
> 3/4 to 1 cup rye breadcrumbs (I subbed white/whole
wheat!)

> Heat sherry or juice in non stick skillet over med-high
> heat.  Add onions, celery, carrots, garlic and saute,
> stirring frequently to prevent browning, 5 minutes and
> remove from heat.
> In blender or food processor, puree vegetable saute,
beans,
1
> bread/starch exchange,
> 1/2 fat exchange, 125 calories, 23 gm. carbohydrates, 5
gm.