vitamix ideas

Hi everyone,
I recently purchased a vita-mix and thought it would totally
revolutionize my cooking, but I am finding it is not as useful as I
thought. The soups are really pureed vegetables and do not really taste
like a wholesome chunky soup. The juices are very thick and when I have
made ice-cream/sorbets they tend to be a little runny. Does anyone have
a vita-mix and how do you use it? I am wondering if I just need to get
used to how to use it or have I purchased an expensive blender?
Franca