Evening Snacking

Lay in a provision of healthy snacks.  Just don't buy things you are trying
to avoid.  In other words, if it is not in the house, you won't eat it.  If
you have to go the a store to buy what you are trying to avoid, it will
take more time, effort, and thought to accomplish the "evil" deed!

But do have whatever healthy snacks available at all times.  I find that
controlled snacking is more easily accomplished than "cold turkey" nothing.
 I live with a husband who snacks in the evening but it's "healthy" food.
Of course, you need to include the snacks in your daily calorie count and
plan the snacks in your daily meal selections.