ff wok cooking

Hello all!
I have this beautiful wok, and I hardly ever use it. The first few times I
tried it, the vegetables were sticking like crazy, and when I tried to add a
little water I'd end up w/ veggies that were more "steamed" then stir-fried.

Should I be turning the heat down? It seems that for veggies w/ that
"stir-fry" texture, the heat should be as high as possible. Do any of you
have any tricks you use for this?
I'd appreciate any comments you have on this...and if you have any ideas for
sauces to add to the stir-fry, please send them along.

Thanks in advance!
Mary