Traveling to Mesa:

I highly recommend "Sweet Tomatoes". There is one in Tempe at 1410 E.
Southern Ave (also one at 4723 E. Ray Rd. in the Ahwatukee Foothills but
I'm not sure where they is), and Tempe is next door to Mesa. They have the
best and freshest salad bar in the Phoenix area also great homemade soups,
low-fat muffins, baked potatoes, FF choc. frozen yogurt or low-fat vanilla
ice cream for dessert plus a pasta bar and fruit. We eat there whenever we
are in the area and I hope you can try it out. They also have some mixed
salads with meat or fish and some soups made with chicken (if you are
eating with SAD's) but there are always vegetarian options with the soups
and pasta. If they have the Vegetarian Black Bean Chili Soup - do try it.
It is not very spicy (I don't like hot peppers). We like to use the soup as
a potato topper. Tastes just great!
Patty in AZ