Fat Free?

I stopped at a fast food restaurant recently. I was fascinated by a sign
which offered fat free french fries. I decided to give them a try. I was
dismayed when the clerk pulled a basket of fries from the fryer which
were dripping with fat. He filled a bag with these fries and put them in
my order.

"Just a minute!" I said. 'Those aren't fat free."

"Yes, they are. We only charge for the potatoes. . . . The fat is free!"