Relish anyone ?

After the relish wars, I just HAD to submit this recipe. It's and old
favorite of my childhood days.

Zucchini Relish

grate 10 cups of summer squash ( yellow and green is nice )
4 cups onions - grated or cut in small cubes
Mix with 4 Tablespoons of salt and let sit overnight

In a separate container grate 1 med to large green and 1 med to large red
pepper.
Set aside.

Make a paste of :
2 1/4 cup vinegar ( I now use rice vinegar ) originally it was apple cider
vinegar
1 teas nutmeg
1 teas cornstarch ( or arrowroot )
2 teas celery seed
1 teas tumeric
1 teas dry mustard
1/4 teas coarse ground black pepper
5 cups sugar ( or use equivalent substitute to taste )

Mix grated squash and pepper in a large dutch oven ( soup pot ) and add
paste. simmer over low heat for 10
- 15 minutes. put in sterilized jars and seal.
Makes about 7 pints.

Motivation is what gets you started, Habit is what keeps you going!"
~ stay tuned and stay in touch ~~