deviled eggs (on my face)

Christine, you'll be pleased to know that I have been corrected by my
dear mama...

According to my southern belle of a mother, it is not pickle relish that
one puts in egg salad, tuna salad, etc. That's just the northern way to
approximate the flavor, according to her.

True "suthenah's" use chopped bread and butter pickles in their deviled
eggs, says she.  She was just as shocked by the whole "sweet pickle
relish incident" as you are.

So I stand corrected. =-) But I don't eat either, since all relish I've
ever found has yellow dye in it (and I am allergic to all artificial
coloring) and I have never found good bread and butter pickles 'ceptin'
those that my grandmother made in her kitchen.

Patti (with a big deviled egg on her face)