egg salad

>The various recipes offered involve using the whole cooked egg whites, the
>yolks being discarded. Has anyone tried shredding the whites and mixing
with
>the other ingredients for use in "egg salad" sandwiches?  The only recipe
I've
>tried in that context has been the common one using tofu, tumeric, etc. and
>didn't like it.

My husband wouldn't get through his week (!) without an egg salad sandwich!
And that's just what we do--boild the eggs, toss the yolks, then add ff
mayo, a dab of mustard, salt and plenty of pepper, mostly.  Sometimes I use
the tofu-based mayo that someone posted here long ago, sometimes the sweet
commericial ff stuff that he really likes.

Potato salad also works with some boiled egg whites added.

-di