Jicama, bok choy, cilantro

I don't use cilantro (I'm one of those folks who can't taste it right --
awful stuff!  Leaves an aluminum-foil aftertaste in my mouth), but jicama
and bok choy can both be used in a "stir fry". Just chop up a whole bunch
of veggies (any of peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, various
mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. go very well), including the bok
choi (slice across the leaves/stalks in thin slices) and jicama (slice
into matchstick or french fry-shaped slices), and then "stir fry" in a bit
of water, broth, wine, or whatever.  I usually "fry" in water, then add a
thin sauce of tamari, cooking sherry, a dash of balsamic vinegar, a shake
or two each of white pepper and tabasco.  If I have any fresh basil on
hand, I stir a large handful of its leaves into the mix, too. The jicama
has the consistency in this of water chestnut -- a bit of crunch in the
mix.

Jicama can also be eaten raw (it's pretty tasty, similar to apple).

Faith

--
Faith                       |"Censorship ends in logical completeness when
faith@xxxxxxxxx             |nobody is allowed to read any books except the