Re: fatfree soymilk

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998 Kelly_Carney@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> I like it OK, but it is thinner for cereal than I like, so sometimes
> I do get the Westsoy Plus Lite (lowfat).  What I cannot find is the
> Westsoy Plus in Nonfat, only lowfat.  The Plus has added
> vitamins & minerals that milk would usually have (like calcium & vitamin
> D).

I've bought a Westsoy Nonfat that is calcium/D fortified; I can't
remember whether it's called Plus, however.  In Berkeley it is much
easier to find than the Westsoy Plus Lite, which I prefer because
it is less sweet.  I was a bit unhappy to discover that they way
the nonfat soymilks make up for the fat is by adding sweeteners,
usually something like rice syrup.  Many people prefer the sweeter
taste, but I'm not one of them.

I've also bought the Lite powdered Better Than Milk, and I use it
in baking, but I don't like the taste of it as liquid milk, even
though my only use is for cereal, not drinking.

Jane Colman		janecol@xxxxxxx