adapting prepackaged mixes

	Does anyone have any experience adapting muffin mixes with FF
substitutions?  I realize this doesn't eliminate the fat already in the
mix, but does it at least reduce the fat without harming the flavor?

	For example, here's my plan.  I have a corn muffin mix (Betty
Crocker to be specific) which calls for 1 egg, 1/3 c. milk & 2 Tb
margarine.  Just dry, the mix has 1 gram of fat per serving - okay, it's
not FF but I'm willing to take it.  My plan is to use 2 egg whites, 1/3 c.
skim, and maybe eliminate the margarine altogether??  Or maybe I could use
a little yogurt or FF buttermilk (in place of both the marg. & milk)?
Anyone ever done this before?  Could I pull off these substitutions to make
something that still bakes well *and* would suit the taste buds of a SAD
(but flexible) eater?

Thanks
Kristin

Kristin Bass                    ||   I think I'm making progress ...
The University of Michigan      ||    Last week I was overwhelmed with work.
Combined Program in             ||    This week I'm just whelmed.
Education and Psychology        ||
email: kmbass@xxxxxxxxx         ||                     Shoe, 10/13/92