Re: Canadian Sources

On Mon, 2 Mar 1998 10:32:18 -0500 "Karen Lopez"
<karenlopez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:>
>Does anyone have other Canadian sources for the types of things we
>discuss here?

I'm not Canadian, but I have put together a list of sources (far from
comprehensive).  Here's a few Canadian places on the internet:

Baldwin Natural Foods, selling natural foods in Toronto since 1975, now
offers mail-order shopping at http://www.baldwinnaturalfoods.com/

Koyo Foods Canada produces a variety of Organic Rice Cakes and other
natural foods, go to http://www.koyo-foods.ca/

Vitasoy produces a line of tofu and soy-based foods that is available in
the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand and European countries, go to
http://www.Vitasoy-USA.com

Riese's Canadian Lake Wild Rice produces wild rice and more, at
http://www.sasknet.com/corporate/wildrice/

And, a useful resource is the Ontario White Bean Producers --- they offer
tons of information about white beans (pea beans, navy beans and alubias
chicas), from industry statistics to nutrition information. Lots of
recipes for inspiration, too, but beware ? most have to be adjusted to
fit a low fat diet.  Find them at http://www.wwdc.com/whitepeabeans/

 .
Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]