fluffy seitan

Bev,

temperature what causes it to come out "fluffy"? I have wondered about
that, as mine nearly always is a bit fluffy around the edges, with the
center a much more palatable texture.

I have been experimenting a bit with using Vegemite as an additive to
the broth that I cook seitan in, along with browning sauce for gravy,
which gives it a nice dark color. I then use the leftovers as ground
m**t, by just running it through the food processor. Works great for
spaghetti etc. and the price is right.

However, if I could get the fluffiness out I would be happier with it. I
use the seitan powder that I order from the Mail Order Catalog via the
Farm in Tennessee.

Sally
--
http://members.xoom.com/SDavis