Is it needed?

Someone wrote: "I'm MUFFIN CRAZY."  So am I, and I use aluminum
muffin cups. since I've found the cooked muffins tend to stick to paper ones if
you usde those.. But when you buy aluminum muifin cups, they come with
paper "separators" between them that look just like paper muffin cups.  You
get half as many aluminum cups than you would if you bought paper ones,
and you pay more for that half than you would for twice as many paper
ones.Would aluminum muifin cups stick together if they didn't have paper
"separators" or is that a way manufacturers can make more money?

Shawn Lovley