Banana Bread

For elle - here's a banana bread that doesn't use applesauce because it
relies on the bananas to keep it together.
from Fat Free Desserts by Karen Pellegrin.

Banana Bread
2 c flour
3/4 c powdered sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg (or more!)
1/2 tsp cinnamon (or more!)
3 very ripe medium bananas (or equivalent)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup non-fat buttermilk (I use the powdered plus water)
1 tablespoon vanilla

Add dry ingredients together.  A wet ingredients together in large bowl.
Gradually add the dry to the wet.  Mix until dry is moistened - not too
much.  Pour into a loaf pan that has been "greased".  (I wipe it down with a
paper towel that has a little bit of oil - or you can spray)  Bake at 325
for 1 hour (maybe a bit longer) or until a fork or toothpick comes out clean
when you test.

Adding nuts would, of course, change the fat content, but here are the
vitals on this recipe -
12 servings
213 calories each, less than 0.5 grams per serving and 3 grams of protein.

Barbara