TVP reconstitution

Textured Vegetable Protein is vegetable protein.  I make my own with tofu:
freeze a block of tofu for a few days, thaw and squeeze out the excess
moisture, crumble it up and mix in your favorite flavoring.  Then I dry
it in my dehydrator for easy storage.

To reconstitute it, I use equals parts of TVP and warm water.

I prefer the store products when I need convenience, but I prefer my
homemade TVP for camping and backpacking.  Makes great chili.

I find miso in our local health food stores.

Lee Ann