Roasted Red Potatoes with Rosemary

Okay, so everyone else thinks roasted potatoes with
rosemary sound delicious, too.  Here's the recipe, as
taken from Grogan's book:

Part One--Roasting or Grilling Marinade

2 c. cold water
2 T. cornstarch (but see note in Part 2)
2 T. chicken-style veg broth, or 2 veg broth cubes

3/4 c. lemon juice
grated zest of 1 lemon
2 T. herbal salt (I used saltfree Spike, I think)
4 lg cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tsp dried oregano or other herb of choice, or 1 T.
fresh herbs

In heavy saucepan, mix cold water, cornstarch, and veg
broth.  Cook, stirring constantly, over high heat until
mixture has thickened and come to a boil.  Add
remaining ingredients.

This marinade can be made ahead and kept in the fridge.
She lists some variations she makes when using the
marinade for other purposes: substituting wine, cider,
or balsamic vinegar for the lemon juice, fruit juice
for some of the liquid, or adding 2 Tbsp of maple syrup
or honey to 1/2 cup of marinade for a sweet glaze on
root vegetables.  Pretty versatile.

Part Two--Roasted Baby Potatoes with Rosemary

6 lbs well-scrubbed potatoes, either whole, tiny ones
or larger ones (about 16 medium potatoes), cut into
large dice
1 recipe Roasting or Grilling Marinade, made with
potato starch instead of cornstarch
1/3 cup fresh rosemary, chopped, or 2-1/2 to 3 T. dried
rosemary
salt to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, coat the potatoes with about 2-1/2
cups of marinade, and sprinkle with the rosemary and
salt to taste.  Spread the potatoes on 4 large, sprayed
dark-colored cookie sheets.
Bake on both racks of a 30" oven, if you have one,
switching the pans from top to bottom halfway through.
(If you have a small oven, bake two pans at a time,
then combine them all into two pans, and warm them in
the oven before serving.)  Bake for about 1 hour,
turning them several times with a spatula, until they
are golden brown and crispy.  Add the last bit of
marinade if the potatoes are getting dry.  Serve hot.
Serves 8 to 10.

Per serving: Calories 274, protein 3 gm, fat 0 gm,
carbohydrates 64 gm.

Her comment:  "This may seem like a lot of potatoes,
but, in my experience, you can never have enough of
these!"

These are delicious, and, since there are only 2 of us,
we enjoyed the leftovers with at least one other dinner
and I scarfed some of them for lunches, since I work at
home.  You do have to watch them to keep them from
sticking, but then I've never roasted anything lowfat
in my life that didn't have that problem!

Enjoy!

--Ruth

Ruth C. Hoffman     ruthhoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking
new landscapes but in having new eyes."  --Marcel
Proust