Olean chips and tips

Hi all--
	I read the post about Olean potato chips, and as far as I know (I did some
reading when Olean was going through FDA approval), olean *is* a fat, but
the fat molecule doesn't get broken down and absorbed into your digestive
system, it just passes through, so you don't get any of the calories. I was
wondering, too, how will this subject be addressed on the list? I know that
the company that makes this stuff plans on putting it into more than potato
chips. Since Olean is a fat, but is technically 'fat-free', is this a
product which is allowable, or not?

Waiting for a verdict-
Gayle