Squeaky Food

	I, too, found seitan less than enchanting.  I made a batch that was
squeaky and tasted like boullion-flavored rubber bands (or how one might
expect them to taste).  I thought that perhaps I hadn't cooked them enough,
but have never had the intestinal fortitude to try them again.  Maybe I
won't bother trying, either.  I'll just use up the rest of my gluten flour
in bread recipes and put the ugly incident behind me.  ;-P

>Just tried seitan for the first time - was not expecting a rubbery
>consistency (is it really supposed to squeak on your teeth?). Did I get a
>bad batch or what, what is the best way to prepare it that you have found??

     Jane Smith
     Special Collections, Pickler Memorial Library
     Truman State University (formerly NMSU)
     Kirksville, Missouri  USA