Squeaky Food

Bob,
	I, too, found seitan less than enchanting.  I made a batch that was
squeaky and tasted like boullion-flavored rubber bands (or how one might
expect them to taste).  I thought that perhaps I hadn't cooked them enough,
but have never had the intestinal fortitude to try them again.  Maybe I
won't bother trying, either.  I'll just use up the rest of my gluten flour
in bread recipes and put the ugly incident behind me.  ;-P

Jane

>Just tried seitan for the first time - was not expecting a rubbery
>consistency (is it really supposed to squeak on your teeth?). Did I get a
>bad batch or what, what is the best way to prepare it that you have found??

     Jane Smith
     mjsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     Special Collections, Pickler Memorial Library
     Truman State University (formerly NMSU)
     Kirksville, Missouri  USA