Spinach Pasta Salad

I've enjoyed (and benefited) so much from being on this list, I am glad
to be able to contribute one of my favorite summer recipes.  It makes a
mountain of pasta salad in no time at all.  Without the chopped veggies
it will keep well for days.  For those of us who aren't  raw spinach
fans, but try to do the right thing!

Carma's Spinach/Artichoke Pasta

1 lb. curly pasta (the one that looks like the front of my 1979 prom
date's shirt ), cooked

Including the water from canned artichokes, pulse the following
ingredients in food processor until you have pesto:

1 lb. spinach leaves (I buy the baby leaves already washed & bagged)
1 can artichoke hearts, packed in water
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar   -  more as needed to make pesto loose enough
to toss with pasta.
3-4 cloves garlic, or to taste
salt & fresh black pepper
4-8 black olives, pitted (optional)

Toss pesto with pasta.  I often add diced yellow & red peppers, spring
onions and de-seeded cucumbers.  Grated carrots add a nice sweetness as
well.  Refrigerate.

"Naked" this salad is very tasty.  "Dressed" with all the colorful
veggies it's a beautiful & tasty meal.