Tangy chickpea salad

Recently I picked up a boxed salad at a healthfood store.  They write all the
ingredients on the box top--it was so good I made one up.  Sorry no
proportions, but it isn't difficult to put together.

1 can of drained rinsed chickpeas
chopped very small vegies:
green onion
celery
radish
red pepper
red or white onion
carrot
You could omit any or add your own vegie choices.

I made up a dressing that was more clear looking than mayo. looking.  I used
from their ingredient list the following:  Umeboshi vinegar, brown rice
vinegar, lemon and a little nayonaise (the fatfree one).

Another different salad or filling for pita bread.

Steam some cauliflower and then mash with a fork, I never put it in a food
processor.  Add to it any of the vegies from the list above and mix with
fatfree nayonaise.

Thanks as always to everyone who contributes to this list.  I sure have a
stack, a big stack, of recipes--all turned out very well so far.  The Gimme-
Lean *meat* loaf was a success.

Barbara in FL