stuffing

For Patty: Here I go again:  I am trying to submit via attaching a text document. (Per Bob Simmons hints.  Perhaps you'll be be able to read the recipes!! (Third time successful???)

*  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                Zucchini Stuffed with Provençale Stuffing

Recipe By     : Dee Bell, modified by Pearl Teller
Categories    : Vegetable                        Low Fat

   2      cups          Provençale Stuffing -- (see recipe)
   1      large         zucchini
  12      packages      tofu, low fat -- frozen, defrosted
   2      1/2 " slices  gimmee lean, sausage flavor -- crumbled

Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare Provençale Stuffing- before adding the bread crumbs,  crumble  the drained tofu together with the gimmee lean - I used my fingers.   Stir it into the Provençale mixture, cooking until the excess liquid is drained. Then add the bread crumbs.  Cut the ends from the zucchini and boil whole for about 3 minutes. Let cool, cut in half and scoop out the seeds and pulp. (I omitted the boiling, scooped &microwaved before stuffing.  See below.   Reserve pulp for soup, or chop up and add it to thr the vegetables in the stuffing. (I did the latter - the first time I used half the pulp, the second time all the pulp.  Both were good.) I cooked wrapped,  cored squash in microwave, testing frequently to be sure not to soft - just until juices started to glisten.  Then I stuffed & heated again in microwave.  The original recipe suggested topping with provolone; I omitted that step. One time I sprinkled with grated Parmesan. Serve immediately.

NOTES : Zucchini halves baked with a stuffing of tomatoes and breadcrumbs