the archives, request, taco soup recipe

I, too, am anxious for the day when the archives will again keep up with the
list.  Michelle, is there anything we can do to help this happen
(formatting, submitting separately, anything?)?   I remain very grateful for
the work you have done to keep the list running, however, as it's a source
of never-ending encouragement!

Several folks have mentioned a chocolate banana ice cream recipe, which I
don't recall.  Would someone repost or send it to me?  Thanks.

And finally, one of my dear friends made a wonderful, delicious bean soup
the other night.  Here's Victoria's yummy taco soup recipe . . . both of us
*and* our husbands really like it:

Taco Soup

1 cup water
15 oz can corn ( frozen corn works fine)
14.5 oz can diced Mexican style tomato (I've used Rotel original and
Mexican flavor. Both are great)
23 oz Ranch style beans
15 oz Pinto beans
15 oz Dark Red Kidney beans
15 oz Light Red Kidney beans
15 oz Black beans
1 cup chopped onion (about 1 large onion)
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 packages Taco seasoning mix*
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix*

Place everything in a crockpot, gently stir to distribute seasoning,  and
then simmer all day.

* My note:
I use Penzey's taco seasoning and ranch dressing spice mixes, so I haven't
checked the packaged mixes from the store for ingredients.  But I know this
group can handle those spice substitutions, if necessary!

Notes from my friend:
--I usually put temp on the low side of medium and simmer for 6-8 hours.
If I am going to be gone for more than 8 hours, I'll put it on low.  If I'm
in a hurry, I'll put it on the lowest setting of high and cook for 4 hours.
--I usually get one can of beans with Jalapenos.
--I rinse all beans except for the Ranch Style beans (and the beans
w/jalapenos)
--I normally use one "regular" taco mix and one "hot" taco mix.  If I
don't have a hot taco mix, I add an extra 1/2 tsp of red pepper.  Don't do
this if you don't like extra spicy, as this can get a bit zippy.
--I get the chopped frozen onions and chopped frozen bell peppers from
the freezer department so I don't have any chopping.
--Usually serve soup with cornbread or toast.

-di (dcold@xxxxxxx)