Soup for winter time

Made this soup last night.  I call it Everything Soup, but you can call it
something else. Very yummy.

1/2 cup green lentils
1/2 cup yellow pea halves
1/2 cup hulled barley

I added eight cups of water and simmered this for 40 minutes and then

Add: 2/3 cup brown rice

Simmer for twenty minutes more.  While it is simmering, prepare a pound of
Dixie meat of your choice.

Add to soup:
28 oz. crushed tomatoes
Dixie beef or chicken or turkey - reconsituted
1 cup veggie broth or water
2 cups frozen mixed veggies
tablespoon spike seasoning
Hot sauce of your choice to taste -  I used 2 tablespoons of Chinese Garlic
Chili sauce

Heat to simmer while stirring and add:
12 oz uncooked alphabet or other small pasta

Cook and stir constantly for about fifteen minutes and keep some liquid nearby
- vegetable broth or water, in case the soup requires more fluid.  When the
pasta is cooked, the veggies should be tender but not overcooked, at least that
is how it worked for me.
Next time, I will add some chunked, cooked potatoes (skins on! the only way to
go!)