Re: Progresso Soups

At 11:12 AM 1/16/98 -0500, Martin Appel wrote:
>I am a long time reader and user of the list who rarely contributes.
>First let me thank all of you for your recipes.  Now for the reason for
>this message.  I just got off the phone with Progresso Quality Foods'
>customer service department, 1-800-200-9377.  I was told that "all
>Progresso soups that have "natural flavor" in their list of ingredients
>may have animal products in them."  They could not and would not tell me

I really don't understand this.  Didn't some company get in trouble last
year for not listing that their products had peanuts in them?  It seems to
me that it would be in their best interest to let everyone know what is in
their soups.

>which soups are vegetarian.  I was specifically calling about their
>lentil soup and their minestrone soup which I loved but which are now
>taboo.

Don't you just hate it when you find out something you like is a no-no? :(

Monica  hstrynut@xxxxxxxxx
ICQ #2120658
Dark care rarely follows the rider whose pace is fast enough.
						 Theodore Roosevelt