White sauce recipe

To Susan who needs a white sauce recipe:

WHITE CHEESE SAUCE

1 cup lowfat or nonfat cottage cheese
1 cup skim milk
few teaspoons ice water
2 tablespoons cornstarch

In blender, blend cottage cheese and milk.  Pour into pan and heat almost
to a boil.  Set aside.  Add a few tsp. ice water to the cornstarch and mix
to a paste.  Add to cottage cheese mixture in pan and stir well.  Cook 10
minutes, stirring constantly till thickened.

Optional additions depending on your dish:  1 TBSP. horseradish, or 5 TBSP.
tomato sauce, or 1/4 c. minced scallions, or 1/w tsp. curry powder, or 3/4
tsp. dry mustard.

I have not tried this yet but the recipes I have tried from this book are
all good so far.  Good luck!