Alfalfa Sprouts

To Kate Lutzner,
I had problems sprouting seeds and even finding seeds to sprout when the
members of this list came to my rescue. They recommended (among others)
"Johnny's Selected Seeds" http://www.johnnyseeds.com, (207) 437-4357.
Not only do they sell an inexpensive "sprouter" which removes all the
guessing about how much water for how long, but more importantly, they
have fresh seeds. I discovered that a lot of HFS sell seeds they have
had around for a LONG time and the seeds either germinate very slowly or
not at all. Try using fresh seeds. I particularly like radish sprouts
for their spicy crunchy taste. They take about 4 days start to finish.
Good luck. Eva