fast black bean soups

>Another MacDougall recipe from the new book:
>
>Speedy International Stew
>
>2 14.5-ounce cans stewed tomatoes (Italian, Mexican, or Cajun)
>1 15-ounce black beans, drained and rinsed
>1 16-ounce can corn kernels, drained and rinsed
>
>Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat for 5
>minutes, stirring occasionally.

There's another recpe in that book which is very similar (but takes longer
to cook):

1 can black beans (I drained but didn't rinse)
1 can stewed tomatoes (any flavor)
1 block lowfat tofu, cubed

Combine all and heat over med for 30 min

note:  I have added zucchini to this as well as other veggies, and it is
fabulous!  I have also gotten impatient and eaten it before 30 min, and it
was just fine.

YUM!

Chris

Christine Ingle