egg replacers

I tried to make the lemon cream pie recipe that was posted on this list
within the last month but I couldn't get egg-replacer and used egg
whites instead. The pie didn't solidify very well although it tasted
very good. I'm wondering if using egg whites instead of the egg-replacer
was the problem.

I have too questions: 1) when a recipe calls for egg-replacer, is it ok
to substitute egg whites or whole eggs? I know whole eggs aren't ff but
I don't want to ruin future recipes. 2) What is in egg-replacer? Is it
natural?

Monica Berger
mberger@xxxxxxxxx