re: vegans

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998 Sophiscot@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I had a query about being a vegan. My two teenage cousins have decided to
> become vegans instead of vegetarians. I wanted to give them some advice on how
> to build a balanced diet so they don't miss out on anything...any ideas?
> thanks
> sophie
> an aussie in LA

I highly recommend the book _The Vegetarian Way_  by Mark Messina.  Lots
of nutritional info and covers how nutritional needs change as one ages.
Your local library or bookstore should be able to find it for you.

Jenny Herl              |   "The world has enough for everyone's need,
jlherl@xxxxxxxx         |    but not enough for everyone's greed."
University of Illinois  |
Urbana-Champaign        |    --attributed to Mahatma Ghandi (1869-1948)