Re: Sugar Bad??

on Mon, 28 Dec 1998 08:19:19, thetulls@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>my question is this--- I have really been staying away from sugar as
>much as possible without going nuts over it... i still eat grapes and
>other naturals that are loaded with sugar, but i stay away from coke and
>other junk food that is loaded with sugar.. IS it really important to
>stay away from sugar???  Exactly how does sugar add weight???

The conversion of simple carbohydrates into fat is a controversial subject,
and is really off topic.  I know that people like McDougal has one opinion,
and The Zone people have another.

I think that dieting is mostly a case of using more energy than you cosume,
and if you eat a lot of simple carbohydrates and alot of fats it is harder
to keep the calories down.

The bottom line is that  a couple soft drinks and a candy bar can account
for a full third of the calories in a 1200 calorie a day diet, and provides
little to no nutritional benifits.

I try really hard to drink water and naturally caffine free tea with no
sweetner.  Candy, on the other hand, gets me every time.

Ralph

...peharps they recall that it was the great democrat Kennedy who put a man
space; John Glen is a man in space and he's a democrat; therefore the
electorate has concluded that republicans are unpatriotic, anti-space, and
too wuss to go into orbit
-The Daily Show