     I make oatmeal almost every day in the microwave.  Here is how I do
     1/2 c oatmeal
     1 cup water
     any additional seasoning, i.e. cinnamon, raisins, apples, bananas,
     microwave on 50% power for 5 minutes.
     Comes out perfect every time.  I use the lower power because on high
     is explodes all over.  I also use generally old fashioned oats, but
     when I have used the quick style the percentages were the same. Twice
     as much water as oats.
     Hope this helps.