RE: Definitive Microwave Oatmeal

Felicia asked about "a definitive oatmeal recipe that can be prepared in the
microwave."

I can't imagine what the difficulty is, as I make oatmeal almost everyday in
the microwave and find it quite forgiving (but I like it thick).  What kind
of oatmeal are you using? For Quaker Old Fashioned they recommend 2:1
(water:oats) and microwaving on high for 2.5-3 minutes.
If you like McCanns Irish Style, it's a bit more difficult as it requires
more cooking time and tends to foam in the microwave. I usually soak it
first for 1/2 hour to soften then microwave, but don't think it comes out
quite right. Another easy way to prepare McCanns is to put it in a heated
thermos with boiling water the night before--then it is ready when you get
up! I like this best of all for this product.
If you like it soupy look at some congee recipes for ratios of water:rice
for inspiration.
--LMM