Cooking Rice

Hello Everyone

I am new here and a first time poster.
Many years ago, somwhere I read a very simple recipe for cooking rice and
have used it ever since with excellent results.  It works on all kinds of
rice I use, brown long grain and short grain, Basmati brown and white,
Japonica, Wild.

In a large pot, mix rice with twice the amount of water as rice.  (such as
1 cup rice to 2 cups water)  Always use a fork to mix, not a spoon.
Over medium high heat bring to a boil.  Boil for exactly 3 minutes.  Cover
- reduce heat to very, very low (just barely on).  Do not lift cover and
continue cooking for 15 minutes. It's done!!

I usually throw in a handfull of parsley/dill or other herb at the
beginning - but no vegetables.  Fluff at end of cooking if desired.

JonquilJan

'If all the world's a stage, I want better lighting.'