Vegemite/Marmite

in Australia now for over 15 years, and I only very occasionally have
Vegemite on toast, usually as a guest in someone's place. It is definitely
an acquired taste, ie. from babyhood, mothers mix vegemite and hot water
and give to their babies here. It looks like tar and tastes very
yeasty/salty (as if you could take a stock cube, cream it and spread it on
bread). It has to be spread extremely thinly, and generally in Australia
over a thick layer of butter (yuck!). Alternative uses for it would be as
stock. It is extremely healthy though and packed with vitamines. A small
jar would probably last me a year+
Angeliki in Brisbane, Australia