McDougall MWL

McDougall MWL is really a very simple plan to follow.  You just cut out
all processed foods, No pasta, bread, tortillas, bagels, pretzels, etc.
Focus on whole grains such as brown rice, wheat berries, barley, rye,
corn, etc.  Oatmeal is great for breakfast mixed with a little oatbran.
You can add a little sugar to the surface of your foods, he makes a
point of saying this.  Any kinds of potatoes are allowed, 2 servings of
fruit daily, these should be non-cooked and no juice.  You can also have
legumes such as peas, beans, lentils, etc.  I suggest trying to check
the book out of the library if you're not able to buy one.  I have
always had great success with this program if I really stick to it.  I
try to exercise 4-5 days a week also.  I hope this helps. I forgot to
mention the veggies, they are really important. In the book he talks
about different portions of starches to veggies.  I have never been one
to try to measure 1/2 veggies or 1/2 starch.  I just stick by the
principles of the program and have always done just fine.  Hope this
helps you.

Lori